Tuesday, January 15, 2019

First & fun snowy weekend of the year

I was so grateful that this snowstorm came right before Dad's trip to Seattle.  We had so much as a family together, and I went sledding for the first time in decades (and I can't believe I'm old enough to use that word).  I didn't have an excuse of staying in with a napping child, so I bundled up and embraced the cold. I wanted our time outside to be at least double the time it took us to get geared up, so you guys were outside for a good few hours. Grace, just like Chloe when she was little, preferred eating the snow rather than playing in it.

We are also so blessed to have wonderful neighbors who join in on all the fun.  I usually dread the winter months, but for some reason this year I am really loving it. Time is flying so quickly that it doesn't seem long before we are at the pool again.  Being the homebody that I am, whats not to love about being cozied up on the couch reading Harry Potter to Noah with a cup of hot chocolate? Since Christmas flew by, I allowed you all to watch Elf just one more time. We played lots of games (Apples to Apples and Spot It), enjoyed lots of yummy treats (cinnamon rolls, popcorn, & Rice Krispie treats) and had a a blast with our friends...



And in the midst of writing this post, this happened. Praise God it wasn't worse, but brave Eli had his first and hopefully last sledding accident. He responded so well, and as you can see it didn't stop him from enjoying his hot cocoa.