Saturday, December 16, 2017

Charleston, SC & Sugarloaf

I recently had a fun and relaxing weekend with just the man I love. Charleston is now one of my favorite towns that we’ve visited, and I’m ready to go back. This was our first getaway alone since Grace was born. It was so peaceful. We enjoyed being outside strolling through market street, our tour of Middleton place, our carriage ride and honestly every bite we ate. We made sure to continue our workouts, so we didn't come home that much heavier. We both caught up on reading and renewing our minds with Gods word, and although these times are much needed and wonderful, we are always happy to come home to our kiddos.


I am enjoying history more as I get older, maybe because I'm slowly becoming history. Middleton Place was such a beautiful plantation and we learned so much. I feel like I'm slowly recharging whats left of my brain. This is the view from whats left of Middleton place and behind us are the wings of the Butterfly Pond.
Our adventurous carriage ride. I actually thought we were going to flip over because the horse got scared at one point and decided to make a quick U-turn on a one lane street. 
Fried green tomatoes! YUM!



We went to Sugarloaf Mountain looking for a short hike, but we blew through our snacks within our first 5 minutes and ended up with a short walk playing with sticks instead.