Friday, June 8, 2012

A party for my mom

This past Saturday we had a retirement party for my mom.  My mom worked for 38 years as a nurse at Washington Adventist Hospital.  She had to work full time her whole career, and I am so glad that she finally gets a break! Now she works for me part time :) I love her so much, and I can write endlessly about her.  My mom is a giver, and it's always a challenge to find gifts that she won't return.  So we surprised her with a party with about 70% of her side of the family, and these were the words I spoke to her...


Mom,

Thank you for many years of hard work. For serving faithfully not only in your job, but at home.Thank you for how you serve joyfully and whole heartedly.  You always put others before yourself.  You’ve come to help me out with caring for our kids and doing house chores even when you are sick, and you did it without complaining. 

Jesus says, " If someone forces you to go one mile, then go with him 2 miles." You always go the extra mile, and you always bring extra food :)  I am so grateful and feel so undeserved to have a mom like you. For the 30 years I’ve known you you’ve been unstoppable.  You worked very hard to provide for our family, and with God’s help you persevered through the suffering and sickness in our family.



Susan and I joke around saying you are made of stainless steel.  You never stop serving. Your strength is a gift from the Lord and he gives you so much grace to do things you do.  Thank you for honoring the Lord with your life and using your giftings to bless others. We are indebted to your care, kindness, patience, and your love.



We’ve been wanting to bless you for a long time.  We know you love your family and food, so everyone is here and I think there’s enough food.  We couldn’t make it to the Korean Market for a gift card, so here is a non refundable gift card to the spa. Yes, the spa.  It is time for your long awaited back massage and pedicure. You can take me with you!



 This is only half of my mom's side!

My mom and her 5 sisters. I just love them!