Friday, February 22, 2013

my man & your dad

I know I blog about Daddy sometimes on birthdays, father's day & anniversaries, but I just want you to know that I don't scramble for words on those days, and my heart truly overflows with love for him on a daily basis.  I am always blessed on mornings such as today. Daddy traveled this week for work and sat in an airport yesterday evening waiting for a flight as they were being cancelled & delayed.  He arrived home at 2 in the morning.  Yet, this morning he woke up with you guys (so I could sleep), got you dressed, fed you & played with you for an hour before going to work.   It was so cute.  He played tag with Noah and then he had you both on him for a horse ride.  This selflessness & strength doesn't come from dad, it comes from the Lord.  He has poured out his grace on daddy's life, and we get to be the recipients of his selfless and sacrificial love. This wasn't a one time thing.  It seriously is every day that he puts mommy and you kiddos first. The only time he has asked for time to himself is when he's sick. 

Love,  I am so unbelievably grateful that I get to be your wife. You left me in awe this morning- that God would bless me with you as a husband, and us together as his children.  Thank you for the way you ended this crazy week, reminding me of the grace & love of Jesus.  I love you!