Tuesday, June 11, 2019

baseball season, the Ironman & loving life in between

Eli wanted to play baseball for the first time most likely due to the fact that his best buddy, Owen, was doing it too. He ended up really enjoying the game and doing well. It wasn't as boring as anticipated, which is why we skipped it altogether with Noah. I got plenty of laughs watching kids run the bases in the opposite direction and seeing how creative they got with the dirt and their hats in the outfield.  Grace has taken an interest too. She pulled a Pringles container and a gatorade bottle out of our recycle and made her own T-Ball set. 

Daddy and Dave have spent several months training for a half Ironman which they just completed successfully, and Hannah and I did everything to maintain our sanity together during their training. I'm so proud of Dad as training took a lot of time, but he still made our family a priority. He did an incredible job balancing work and home life. In between all that we've been enjoying the Spring and soaking up a lot of time with the DeVries before their big move to Florida. Eli finished his last year of Preschool and our last baby is turning into a little girl. She'll be 3 in no time :(

Baseball season begins!
Enjoying final playdates

perhaps I'm stopping to suddenly
 There were a lot of naps this season

I think I missed Easter
So sweet how Eli has been teaching Grace
looking convicted
 no better place to camp out than by the front door
A Happy Mothers Day "gift" from Anthropologie. I just loved these flowers.  (Yes, It means I spent too much and probably ended up returning as much.)
Enjoyed my last season of having 2 littles at home 

 Off to Kindergarten in different states :(

We snuck off to the beach for a weekend...

while we lived out of our basement for a month during home renovations
 I just love living life with the Devries. I am so grateful for the many adventures we have had together and this one was just so much more enjoyable because we were with them. Here we go...
 
 

And Grace really showed us how she felt after 5 hours of waiting in the rain. I couldn't thank her enough for the perfect Christmas card photo.