Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Camping May 2012

The first weekend of May came by so quickly.  We missed camping in October due to bad weather, and I think that was the first time in the Sutton history. We love to camp, well, for the most part.  Camping for 2 nights was definitely more challenging this year with a toddler and an infant.  And the fact that the stinkbugs have made it up north didn't make it very pleasurable.   I'm either getting old or becoming a little more high maintenance since sleeping on the ground was not very comfortable this time around.  And yup, there went my complaining heart.  Woe is me.  My dear husband cared for me one night as we were driving through the campsite trying to put our over stimulated kids to sleep.  I was trying to convince him we should drive home and try again next time.  I'm glad he didn't listen to me.  I was more aware of my inconveniences than of grace and more aware of me than of others.  We prayed together, and that night actually ended up not being so bad once we returned to the campsite. And so, I rewarded myself with an extra s'more :) It was still fun being with the family, watching the kids play, and eating lots of bacon with aunt Val.  (Not the healthiest weekend).  I will have to prepare my heart a little better for next time, and also hope that the smoke and fire won't bother Noah. Not many pics this year but not to my surprise: